HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE FREEZE DRIED PET TREATS!
A couple weekends ago, I decided it was time I venture into making my own pet treats since I have already been making my own homemade pet food for several years. I found it to be surprisingly VERY simply and fun, and best part is my dog and cat both loved the treats! I will definitely be making again!
What you will need:
1. Container of chicken livers (also works with any other types of bone-less meats.)
2. Large pot for boiling.
3. Cookie sheet.
4. Parchment paper.
5. Glass storage container.
6. Freezer-safe bags (for storage after drying).
7. Ice-cube trays (optional).
- Pour chicken livers (or any other raw bone-less meat) in a stockpot half filled with water.
- Bring chicken livers to a boil; reduce heat to a low boil.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and remove pot from heat.
- Allow chicken livers to cool.
- Reserve liquid to use as broth in another dog treat recipe.
- Cut chicken livers into small, uniform pieces.
- Place livers on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Put cookie sheet in freezer for one week.
- Take out two chicken liver treats and allow to thaw at room temperature.
- If any moisture is present, continue freezing treats for three days.
- If no moisture is present, place treats in bag or jar to store for up to one week or bag and freeze for long storage.
I hope you and your pets thoroughly enjoy this quick easy pet treat recipe and share with your friends!—————————————————–
Sincerely, your PetCoach
April Arguin A.S., C.P.N., P.M.H.