How to Help your Pet Over-Come Car-Anxiety!
This week is an off-week in between starting my new series, but I didn’t want to leave you hanging, so this week I posted a “quick-tip” showing how I help my pets with building Car-Confidence! (don’t miss any weekly pet tips by following on my youtube, or follow on IG / FB.) Last week, we wrapped up our 12 weeks series on “Top Recommended Canned Cat Food Brands;”
If you have a pet who is nervous in the car, here are some steps to slowly building your pet’s car-confidence:
– Walk them near the vehicle.
– Open door of vehicle and walk by.
– Have your pet sit in the car parked in driveway for 1 minute.
– Increase the time sitting in the car by 1 min per day up to 10 mins.
– Take your pet on a 1 minutes’ drive.
– Increase the time of the car-ride by 1 min per day up to 10 minutes.
– By this time your pet should be easily and comfortably riding for 10-minute periods and even enjoying this time spent with you.
Sincerely, your PetCoach
April Arguin A.S., C.P.N., P.M.H.