Last week I gave you the “Top Dog Dehydrated Food Brands.” This week, I continue bringing you my pet-food lists and it is “Top Freeze-Dried Cat Food Brands.” As a certified pet nutritionist, I know that the best diet you can give your pets is a balanced fresh raw diet, however I also know that is not always possible for everyone’s lifestyle, budget, etc. etc.
A quality freeze-dried cat food can be a nice option because it is super easy and convenient, but also outweighs the health of alternatives like canned or dry kibble. Although a fresh commercial made raw, or even better home-made raw or cooked diet will be a lot more economical, many freeze-dried food options are still a fairly affordable option for most pet-parents.
The health benefits to your cat of a freeze dried raw diet include; the food is minimally processed (only thing better is fresh cooked/or raw), convenient (open bag, add warm water, serve), also the freeze-drying processing makes the final product at a marginally lower risk of any bacterial contaminants so may be a good option for pet-parents who have small children, are pregnant, or who have pets who are currently acutely ill or very elderly who would be at risk of food-borne infections.
With no further ado, here are the top choices for freeze-dried cat foods are:
1. Grandma Lucy’s freeze-dried cat food: $0.73 per oz.
2. Meat Mates freeze-dried cat food: $1.32 per oz.
3. Whole Life Pet freeze-dried cat food: $1.60 per oz.
4. Only Natural Pet freeze-dried cat food: $1.78 per oz.
5. Vital Essentials freeze-dried cat food. $1.82 per oz.
6. Stella & Chewy’s freeze-dried cat food: $2.11 per oz.
7. Purpose freeze-dried cat food: $2.11 per oz.
8. Instinct freeze-dried food: $2.20 per oz.
9. Nulo freeze-dried cat food: $2.50 per oz.
10. Primal freeze-dried cat food: $2.78 per oz.
11. Feline Natural freeze-dried cat food: $3.19 per oz.
Sincerely, your PetCoach
April Arguin A.S., C.P.N., P.M.H.